Friday, January 13, 2012

A is for Art



Self Painted portrait by my Granny


Second week of the Pagan Blog Project and second week of the Letter A

I chose to do Art, because it is something near and dear to my heart. I myself am not an Artist, but many people in my life are. I first learned of art from my wonderful Granny. She was an amazing Artist. I remember pouring over my Granny's art books as a child, imagining what it would like to step into the worlds of others imaginations.

For many people art is an expression of the soul, a way of expressing things that the words cannot. It is art that has taught us the most ancient cultures and it is art that will teach future generations of us. For many art is a voice and simply something they need as they would also need air, food and clothes.

It is wonderful way to for people of spiritual and pagan communities to connect together. It can be used as a way to teach, and to heal. There are many wonderful Pagan artists. But the Pagan art and artist don't always seem to get the support or attention, they truly deserve. I have found a few groups that are working to help support the art and artist of the our Pagan communities.

For those wanting to help out and get involved with the Pagan arts, here are some links to pagan art groups
Links of Pagan art groups:
Pagan Artist of Facebook
Pagans Arts Initiative
Pagan Artist Network


Though this next link is of obviously Christian. But I felt it was too spectacular not to add. As most of us will never get to actually visit the Sistine Chapel, it is nice to be able to at least see it virtually
Virtual Sistine Chapel 

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post and thank you for sharing the links!

    ReplyDelete